§ 1 Information on the collection of personal data
(1) In the following we inform about the collection of personal data when using our website.
Personal data are all data that are personally identifiable to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The person responsible pursuant to Art. 4(7) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Phone: +49 (0) 40 360 97 19-0
Telefax: +49 (0) 40 360 97 19-29
Executive Board: Dr. Antonia Goldner – Dr. Ralf Hillwig
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Werner A. Poppe
Register court: AG Hamburg
Register number: 148265
Sales tax ID: DE 313759906
You can contact our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our postal address with the addition “the data protection officer”
(2) These principles and provisions are subject – also due to legal requirements – to permanent change, updating, supplementation and expansion. Changes will be published on the website here. Your personal data will always be handled in accordance with the principles in force at the time they were collected.
(3) In principle, the use of our website is possible without providing personal data. Deviating regulations may arise with regard to the use of individual services, which are explained separately below.
(4) Your personal data is handled in accordance with data protection regulations. Data is personal if it can be clearly assigned to a specific natural person, such as name, date of birth, e-mail and postal address, telephone number or user behavior. Legal principles can be found in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Federal Data Protection Act (FDPA) and the Telemedia Act (TMG), among others. The following regulations inform you in this respect about the type, scope and purpose of the collection, use and processing of personal data.
(5) At the points where personal data is collected, you will find additional information – if required – on the purpose for which this data is used, on the defined criteria for the storage period and, if necessary, a way of declaring your consent. We would like to point out that Internet-based data transmission has security gaps, making complete protection against access by third parties impossible.
(6) We adhere to the principles of data avoidance and data economy. We therefore only store your personal data for as long as is necessary to achieve the purposes stated in this data protection declaration or as provided for in the various storage periods provided for by law. After the respective purpose or expiry of these periods, the corresponding data will be blocked or deleted as a matter of routine and in accordance with statutory regulations
§ 3 Server data
(1) When using the CertLex AG website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which are technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to guarantee stability and security (legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. f DS-GVO):
– Date and time of the request
– Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Content of the request (specific page)
– Access Status/HTTP Status Code
– the amount of data transferred in each case
– Website from which the request comes
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk in the browser you use and through which certain information flows to the place that sets the cookie (here by us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and effective.
(3) On our website, we offer you the possibility to contact us by e-mail and/or via a contact form. In this case, the information provided by the user will be stored for the purpose of processing his contact. The data will not be passed on to third parties. A comparison of the data collected in this way with data that may be collected by other components of our site is also not carried out (legal basis is Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. a, b and f DS-GMO).
§ 4 Cookies
(1) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
– Transient cookies (see 2)
– Persistent cookies (see 3).
(2) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. These include in particular the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which different requests of your browser can be assigned to the common session. This will allow to recognize your computer when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
(3) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
(4) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and refuse the acceptance of third party cookies or all cookies, for example. Please note that you may not be able to use all functions of this website.
§ 5 SSL encoding
In order to protect the security of your data during transmission, we use state-of-the-art encryption methods (e.g. SSL) via HTTPS.
- 6 Contact options / Login
(1) On our website, we offer you the possibility to contact us by e-mail. In this case, the information you provide (e-mail address, if applicable your name and your telephone number) will be stored for the purpose of processing your contact. The data will not be passed on to third parties. A comparison of the data collected in this way with data that may be collected by other components of our site does not take place either. We delete the data arising in this context after the storage is no longer necessary, or limit the processing if statutory retention obligations exist.
(2) Authorized users have a login option with login name (e-mail) and password. When sending the information is encrypted and forwarded to the login page where the authentication takes place. No data is stored on the website in this context
§ 7 Newsletter
(1) On our website, we offer you the possibility to register for a newsletter. With this newsletter, we inform regularly about selected legal changes as well as about our offers. A valid e-mail address is mandatory for receiving the newsletter. In this case, the information provided by the user will be stored for the purpose of processing his contact. The data will not be passed on to third parties. A comparison of the data collected in this way with data that may be collected by other components of our site is also not carried out (legal basis is Art. 6 (1) (a,b,f) GDPR. You can delete your data at any time by clicking on the corresponding link in the newsletter. After using the link shown in the newsletter, your data, which you have made available to us via the newsletter function, will be deleted immediately.
(2) The newsletter is sent by the mail service provider “MailChimp”, a newsletter delivery platform of the US provider Rocket Science Group, LLC, 675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE #5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA. The data protection regulations of the shipping service provider can be viewed here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/. The dispatch service provider is used on the basis of our legitimate interests according to Art. 6 (1)(f) GDPR and an order processing contract according to Art. 28 (3) GDPR.
(3) The shipping service provider can use the recipient’s data in pseudonymous form, i.e. without assignment to a user, to optimize or improve its own services, e.g. to technically optimize the dispatch and presentation of the newsletter or for statistical purposes. However, the shipping service does not use the data of our newsletter recipients to write them down itself or to pass the data on to third parties.
§ 8 Registration for events
(1) You can register for various events on our website. In order to be able to process your registration and to fulfil the rights and obligations associated with the registration for the event, we collect and process the following of your data on the basis of your declaration of consent given at the time of registration:
– telephone number
– email address
The legal basis for this is Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. b) DS-GVO.
(2) The name and named company of participants shall be communicated to the other participants in the respective event on site in the printed participation list as well as by name tags.
(3) By sending your registration for an event, you expressly consent to the processing and handling of your personal data as described above. The data arising in this context will be deleted after storage is no longer necessary or the processing will be restricted if there are legal storage obligations.
(4) With the registration you also have the possibility to register for our free newsletter. For this the principles mentioned under § 7 apply.
§ 9 Online demo
(1) You have the possibility to request a free and non-binding demo version of our product CertLex via our website. For this, we need your name, telephone number, e-mail address and your company, which are to be entered into the corresponding form. When using this option, the data entered in the input mask are transmitted to us and stored (legal basis is Art. 6 Par. 1 S. 1 lit. a, b and f DS GVO). The data sent through the form is transmitted to us in encrypted form. Furthermore, we need your consent that we may contact you there upon.
(2) Alternatively, you can also request the demo version of our product CertLex by e-mail. In this case, the personal data transmitted by e-mail will be stored for the purpose of processing the request.
§ 10 Use of Google-Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. “(“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, if IP anonymisation is activated on this website, Google will reduce your IP address within Member States of the European Union or in other states party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area beforehand. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide the website operator with further services associated with website and Internet use.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics is not merged with other Google data.
(4) You can prevent Google Analytics from collecting your data by clicking on the link below. An opt-out cookie is set which prevents the collection of your data on future visits to this website: Prohibit Google Analytics from following me
(5) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()”. As a result, IP addresses are further processed in abbreviated form, so that a personal relationship can be ruled out. As far as the data collected about you is personal, it will be excluded immediately and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
(6) We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. We can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 (1)(f) GDPG.
(7) Third Party Information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
as well as Data Protection declaration: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
§ 11 Use of Google-Adwords
(1) We use the online advertising program “Google AdWords” and conversion tracking as part of Google AdWords. The Google Conversion Tracking is an analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). When you click on an ad served by Google, a conversion tracking cookie is placed on your computer. These cookies lose their validity after 30 days, do not contain any personal data and are therefore not used for personal identification.
(2) If you visit certain pages of our website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and we can recognize that you clicked on the ad and were redirected to this page. Each Google AdWords customer receives a different cookie. This means that it is not possible to track cookies on the websites of AdWords customers.
(3) The information collected using the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for AdWords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. Customers can see the total number of users who clicked on their ad and were redirected to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, you will not receive any information that personally identifies users. The legal basis for the use of Google AdWords is Art. 6 (1)(f) GDPG.
(4) If you do not wish to participate in tracking, you can object to this use by preventing the installation of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly (deactivation option). They are then not included in the conversion tracking statistics. You will find further information as well as Google’s data protection declaration under § 5 (5) and (6) of this data protection declaration.
§ 12 Google Maps
(1) This page uses the map service Google Maps via an API. The provider is Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
(2) To use the functions of Google Maps it is necessary to save your IP address. This information is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The provider of this site has no influence on this data transmission.
(3) The use of Google Maps is in the interest of an appealing representation of our online offers and at an easy findability of the places indicated by us on the website. This represents a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPG.
(4) You can find more information on the handling of user data in Google’s data protection declaration: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/.
§ 13 Rights of persons concerned
(1) On the basis of the data protection regulations you have the right to receive information about your personal data stored by us at any time. You also have the right to correction, restriction of the processing or deletion of your personal data, as long as there are no legal storage obligations to the contrary. In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data and have the right to data transferability.
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.
(3) Please use the contact option below if you have questions about the processing of your personal data or if you wish to exercise your right to information, correction, deletion, restriction of processing, objection to processing or data transferability. In such a case, please provide the name of the website on which you have entered your personal information, identify yourself and tell us what specific information you wish to have corrected, updated or deleted. Inquiries regarding the deletion of personal data will be executed taking into account all applicable statutory archiving and verification obligations.
§ 14 Contact
If you have any questions or complaints regarding compliance with these data protection principles, as well as comments or suggestions for improvement, please contact us directly:
or by post: